Looking to make the move to Toowoomba but need some convincing about what natural attractions the region has to offer? Below is a list of five of Toowoomba’s well-loved parklands, which is just a glimpse into the city’s 150 parks and gardens.
Toowoomba (population approx. 140,000) is Australia’s second most populated inland city after Canberra. A city in the Toowoomba region of Queensland and 125 kilometres west of Brisbane, Toowoomba sits on the crest of the Great Dividing Range at around 700 feet above sea level.
Five notable Toowoomba parks include:
1. Japanese Garden: This relatively small, well laid-out garden near the University of Southern Queensland is often overlooked in the tourist brochures. A pleasant picnic spot, the garden is built around a pond with birds and turtles and features distinctive red entrance gates and bridges.
2. Queen's Park and Botanic Gardens: This is Toowoomba’s main park and includes an extensive array of plants as well as walking paths and a children’s playground. Along with nearby Laura Banks Gardens, this is the key site for Toowoomba’s flagship Carnival of Flowers event which takes place in September each year.
3. Redwood Park: A huge 243-hectare parkland, Redwood is located on the escarpment of the Great Dividing Range. It includes numerous trails where you can take the dog for an off-the-leash walk, or go horse-riding or mountain bike riding.
4. Lake Annand Park: A popular attraction featuring a man-made lake, fountain, lush green lawns and gardens, it's particularly popular for families because of its barbecue facilities and children’s play areas.
5. Mount Kingsthorpe Walk: A bushwalking trail about 20 kilometres from Toowoomba, the trail itself can be very steep in parts but offers great views at the summit of Mount Kingsthorpe looking over the Darling Downs. The 500-metre walk (one-way) takes about 35 minutes.
Easy access to gardens and parklands contributes greatly to quality of life and to your real estate choices whether you are looking to settle or sell. At House Estate Agents, we’re here to help you make the most of your real estate choices in Toowoomba.